Bringing your dashboard into edit mode will display a dropdown menu with a number of elements:
- Portfolio Data (where applicable): this is where you can access any data you are collecting from data connections with sub accounts. For most client accounts, this will not be applicable; however, you will use Portfolio Data heavily in consolidations
- Chart: this will quickly build a table with a metric from either a data source or custom calculation you have built.
- Sheet: think of Sheets as blank spreadsheets where each cell can be assigned a data point. Sheets have a customizable number of rows or columns and allow you to view any organization of metrics in one time period.
- Table: tables are actually identical to what you'd find after building a "chart" except the table is initially blank. Blank tables can be good if you just want to include dropdowns, but more on that later.
- Text: exactly as it sounds, this will place a text box on the dashboard. Text within this box can be formatted or transformed by selecting an option from the format menu after highlighting any text.