Organizations and workspaces are how teams organize and share data in meaningful ways.
When you sign up for Malartu the first step is to create an organization. Think of an organization as the parent account to anything you create on Malartu. Your organization is where you manage users, workspaces, and all the permissions between them.
Everything within your account is part of your organization. Each square icon on the primary navigation represents a workspace.
What are workspaces?
Workspaces are how teams organize data sources, metrics, and dashboards. Workspaces are the primary driver for billing on Malartu (excluding Enterprise plans, which are custom).
There are multiple types of workspaces, all with different purposes:
- Base workspace: This is a free workspace that is primarily used for organizing data that is shared with you. The most popular use case for a Base workspace is when an advisor is using data shared from a client to build dashboards for client advisory services.
- Essential workspace: This is a paid workspace that can connect to one standard integration and consume unlimited document reader uploads. The most popular use case for an Essential workspace is to aggregate data for a smaller business (under $1M in revenue) for simple analysis.
- Team workspace: This is a paid workspace that can connect to four standard integrations and consume unlimited document reader uploads. The most popular use case is for mid-sized businesses that use multiple data sources to run their business.
- Growth workspace: This is a paid workspace that can connect to 4+ premium data sources, has access to the Malartu API, and can consume unlimited document reader uploads. The most popular use case is for growing teams that require connection to enterprise data sources like Salesforce, Salesloft, QuickBooks Enterprise, and custom databases.
- Aggregate workspace: This is a free workspace that is used to aggregate data from child workspaces (typically essential workspaces). Billing for aggregate workspaces is determined by the number of underlying workspaces it is aggregating. For example, if you use an aggregate workspace to aggregate 4 essential workspaces, your pricing is 4X Essential workspace pricing.
- Consolidate workspace: This is a free workspace that is used to consolidate financial data from child workspaces (typically essential workspaces). Billing for consolidate workspaces works exactly like the Aggregate workspace.
For all workspace pricing, please reference our pricing page.
User management between organizations and workspaces
Users are managed at the organization level. Once you have multiple workspaces, you can manage all users and their permissions from your top workspace icon:
For this reason, the best way to advise a client using client data is to invite them to create their own organization and share that data source with you. When this is done, Malartu will automatically organize that shared data source with a Base workspace.
After you have built a dashboard within this Base workspace, simply share the dashboard with your client and they will have access to it within their organization, with the flexibility to organize how they wish.